Welcome to the Peoria General Plan update website, “Plan Peoria AZ”!
How can Peoria preserve and enhance its high quality of life while reaching its fullest potential as a community? That’s one of many questions to be explored as part of the eighteen month long process of updating Peoria’s General Plan.
A General Plan is the City’s roadmap to the future. It is a visionary document that takes a comprehensive view of growth and development over the next 10 to 20 years, helping to guide all aspects of city growth such as new development, redevelopment, economic development, city services, parks and open space, including: health and safety, public facilities, and the natural environment.
Why is it important?
The general plan is a long-range plan which is used to shape the future of the city by guiding growth and land development in accordance with the city's goals.
Updating the General Plan has been a multi-year process. Public input has been a key part of the entire process from start to finish in the form of community meetings and workshops, media outreach, email updates, and the project website, located at www.planpeoriaaz.com.
- July 18, 2019 - The “60 day” public comment period begins.
- August 19, 2019 – Open House #2 at 6:00pm at City of Peoria Development and Community Services Building Point of View Conference Room, 9875 N. 85th Avenue, Peoria Az 85345
- August 21, 2019 – Open House #2 at 6:00pm at Cibola Vista Trailhead Room, 27501 N Lake Pleasant Rd, Peoria, AZ 85383
- September 3, 2019 – City Council study session, 5:00pm at Council Chambers
- September 16, 2019 - Public comment period closes.
- October 3, 2019 - Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, 6:30pm at Rio Vista Recreation Center 8866 W. Thunderbird Road, Peoria AZ 85381
- October 17, 2019 – Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, 6:30p.m. in the City Council Chambers at 8401 West Monroe Street, Peoria, AZ 85345
- November 12, 2019 - Peoria City Council meeting, 7:00pm at Council Chambers.
- Fall 2020 - The General Plan must be put on the ballot and passed by the voters.
What's in Peoria's 2040 General Plan?
Peoria's last General Plan Update was approved in 2010. Peoria’s new plan is has been completely updated and is designed around six livability goals. The new plan addresses a multitude of topics such as water resources, land use, housing, transportation and more.
PlanPeoria2040 Vision Statement
In 2040, Peoria is a safe, connected, engaged, vibrant, and livable community that emphasizes fiscal responsibility and thoughtful growth to ensure a healthy city for all citizens.